Playing KILLBUG: Height is Might

Recently I bought KILLBUG, because it was less than two bucks on Steam (and will be until September 8th, 2026), and I'd been looking for something mindless and action-y. What I found was a ton of fun, and I recommend it!



KILLBUG is a pretty simple game with a lot of depth. You play as a praying mantis armed with a knife and a gun, and your job is to earn the title. Along the way, you'll be attacked by pretty much every variety of bug under the sun, from ladybugs to spiders to millipedes. 

There are multiple arachnophobia modes, if that's your jam. 

The best way to describe the game proper is as a mix of Devil Daggers' arena and survival-based combat, with Ultrakill's movement tech and dashing. The titular Killbug's gun is good at taking off targets at range, but needs to reload with melee, while said melee strike both functions as a dash and (if you manage to land a hit on an enemy) heals you up, extending your run.

There's a lot of stuff in there I don't understand, from how to initiate a Demon Shot to how the fuck to kill the weird beehive enemies, but I get the sense I'm gonna be enjoying it very much. And for two to six dollars, I think you might like it too.

KILLBUG can be bought either on Steam or itch.io.

Betcha can't beat my high score


Comments

Popular Posts